Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh yeah, by the way...

2 blogs in one day!  Wow!  I promise, this will not be the norm.  I caught myself worrying that my "spiritual high" would fade away in time and realized that it doesn't have to.  I don't have to fall away from God.  There's going to be days that I'm on fire for God and want all I can get and have faith that can move mountains AND have love, but there's going to be days when, well, lets just say I'm not so enthusiastic.  The test of salvation (wow, I just realized how easy the word salvation can turn into salivation) is in those not so enthusiastic days.  Making a conscious decision to honor God in everything is easy when I've just come home from a ladies retreat where all there was to focus on was God, but the real world isn't a womens retreat.  It's full of temptation and doubt and fear.  If we want to stay close to God, we have to change our lifestyle to be more Christ-centered.  What good would it do me to sit and watch TV all day and never read my Bible?  Or to gossip about a "friend" instead of pray for them?  Or yell at my kids and get frustrated because of their disobedience instead of teaching them to obey?  If I go back to the way I did things before, my distance from God will become very far in a very small amount of time.  Take every thought captive.  If you aren't sure an action is sinful, pray about it and WAIT for the answer.  So what things in your life distract you from Him?  What are you going to do about it?  Remember, God is not interested in a compromise.  He wants your obedience and focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment