Monday, January 21, 2013

Count your blessings name them one by one...

Ok, so I wrote this blog a good 2 years ago, and it seems crazy to post a draft you wrote that long ago, right?  But I found that most of it still rings pretty true, except thankfully Reese is no longer in diapers, so why not post?  I'm sure I can add plenty to this but we'll save that for another time...  Well, assuming I actually continue posting.  I'm not making any promises! 

So how many of you pray and thank God for the blessings in your life?  I'm sure you thank God for your spouse, your kids, your job.  But have you ever gotten a little more specific? 
I love/am thankful for:
1. Reese's brown eyes that are so dark in color they seem too mature for a baby.
2. Braeden's expression when he's really excited about something.
3. How much I know I can trust Aaron when so many women can't trust their husbands to actually follow through on their wedding vows.
4.  The talks Aaron and I have when we ignore the tv, internet, kids.
5. The naps Reese lets me take on the days Braeden's at school.
6. A pleasant surprise of a good tip when the tippers were, well, not as pleasant.  As porcupines.  That are mad.  And cold.  'Nough said.
7. The way my boys play together for that brief moment before the fighting begins.
8. When Braeden says "I wanna hold you mama."
9. How when I hold Reese when he's tired he'll lay his head down on me.
10. That accomplished feeling when you get the house cleaned.  I just hate the feeling before that one of cleaning house.
11. Going into the closet to find something to wear when I'm in a hurry and the outfit I want to wear NOT being wrinkled!
12. I love the sense of humor Aaron and all of his family has.
13. I love my in-laws willingness to help.
14. I love when my mom comes into town and we just sit in silence playing nintendo DS or reading.
15. I actually love how my dad says "little joke, little joke!" 
16. When we were homeschooled I loved when me and Colt would go outside and do school on windy fall days.
17. I have so much fun when my sis and I stay up at night talking when she's in town.
18. Me and Spencer's bickering.  Just like old times.
19. I love it when we actually get the trash out before the trash man comes.
20. I love the surprise when I go to change Reesey's diaper when I'm sure he's pooped and come to find out he only tooted.

1 comment:

  1. LoL. These are great. I love dad's "little joke, little joke!" too. We all have such dry humor that we either have to laugh hysterically at our own joke or explain that it actually WAS a joke for people to understand. LoL.

    ReplyDelete